Search Results For: popular recipe
Green Lentil-Rice With Yogurt Sauce
Popular Recipe - recipes of the cuisine or most home beverage recipes considering easy menus. like Green Lentil-Rice With Yogurt Sauce bearing in mind new cheap materials. However, later than the right recipes, the recipes can as a consequence be good. Specialized, easy-to-treat foods of this nice can not isolated be served as daily diets, but can plus be served for your special day and spouse.
Green Lentil-Rice With Yogurt SauceWhen you desire to go to the restaurant why do not you attempt to make yourself at home, attempt you create the menu under most likely the delicacy is not much interchange from the expensive restaurant moreover the affair it's not less delicious than the restaurant, the cuisine itself proved more competent closer to your link subsequent to your spouse and relatives
Green Lentil-Rice with Yogurt Sauce
By: spiceinthebox via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Green Lentil-Rice with Yogurt Sauce:
- Rice and Lentils:
- 2 Pound Onions, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/4 Cup Green Lentils, Rinsed
- 1 1/4 Cup Basmati Rice
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- to taste Salt and Pepper
- Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 Cup Whole-milk yogurt
- 2 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic minced
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
Method for "Green Lentil-Rice with Yogurt Sauce":
- Yogurt Sauce: Whisk all the ingredients together in bowl and refrigerate until serving time.
- Cook onions and oil on a large non stick pan over high heat, stirring often, until golden brown in color. It will take about 25-30 minutes. Drain onions in colander set in large bowl, reserving 3 tbs oil. Transfer onions to paper towel-lined baking sheet.
- Simultaneously, bring lentils, 4 cups water and 1 tsp salt to boil in medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook until lentils are tender, 15 to 17 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- While onions and lentils cook, place rice in medium bowl, add hot water to cover by 2 inches and let stand for 15 minutes. Using hands, gently wash grains to release excess starch. Carefully pour off water. Repeat adding and poring off cold water 4 to 5 times until water runs almost clear.Drain rice in fine-mesh strainer.
- Heat 3 tbs reserved onion oil, garlic, coriander, cumin,cinnamon, Garam Masala, pepper and chili powder in same pan over medium heat until fragrant about 2 minutes. Stir in rice and cook, stirring occasionally until edges of rice begin to turn translucent for about 3 minutes. Stir in 2 1/4 cups water, sugar and salt to taste and bring to boil.
- Stir in lentils, reduce heat to low, cover and cook until all liquid is absorbed about 12 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat, lay clean folded dish towel underneath lid, and let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff rice and lentils with fork and half of onions. Transfer to serving platter and top with remaining onions.and Serve with yogurt sauce
Our 10 Most-Popular Recipes Right Now. No. 9: Perfectly Grilled Steak. Every great cookout needs a great steak. No. 8: Pizza Dough. Did you know that you can grill your pizza? No. 7: Alton's Guacamole. No. 6: Potato Salad. No. 5: French Toast. No. 4: Garlic Roasted Potatoes. No. 3: Grilled Corn on the Cob. No. 2: …
FoodNetwork.com's Top 50 Most-Saved Recipes. No. 49: Tyler Florence's Chicken Parmesan. No. 48: Ina's Mac and Cheese. No. 47: Ree Drummond's Macaroni and Cheese. No. 46: Ina's Chicken Pot Pie. No. 45: Giada De Laurentiis' Chicken Cacciatore. No. 44: The Best Cauliflower Ever. No. 43: Ree Drummond's Salisbury Steak.
Epicurious has been around for over 20 years, and we have oodles of recipes (
Cooking Channel's Most Popular Recipes. Shrimp Fried Rice. Transform leftovers into sizzling fried rice in less time than it takes for delivery. Chili Verde (Colorado Green Chili) No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake. Hotdish (Tater Tot Casserole) Rapid Rolls. Bal's No-Butter Chicken. Skillet Bacon Mac and Cheese. Beef …
Find the most popular recipes. Become a member, post a recipe and get free nutritionalysis of the dish on Genius Kitchen.